Monday, May 17, 2010

My Favorite Lines From Favorite Movies Part 4

This is my continuation of an arc I started a short while back, containing some of my all-time favorite lines from the movies I never tire of watching. So, for those times when you need something to say...

Memento
"She's gone and the present is trivia that I scribble on these f*cking notes."

"Is that what your little note says? It must be hard living your life off a couple of scraps of paper. You mix your laundry list with your grocery list you'll end up eating your underwear for breakfast."

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. Now... where was I?"
The Professionals
"There's only been one revolution since the beginning - the good guys versus the bad guys. The question is - who are the good guys?"
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Josey Wales: "When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long."
Lone Watie: "I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone, they ain't around for long neither!"

Josey Wales: "You a bounty hunter?"
Bounty Hunter: "A man has to do something these days to earn a living."
Josey Wales: "Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy."
Devil in a Blue Dress
"A man once told me that you step out of your door in the morning, and you are already in trouble. The only question is are you on top of that trouble or not?"

"You said don't shoot him, right? Well I didn't; I strangled him. If you didn't want me to kill him, why did you leave me alone with him?"
The Usual Suspects
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
Tombstone
"You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

"Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."
The Ninth Configuration
"And you know what that heartless butcher prescribed? He said, 'here, take this. It's a suicide pill, with a mild laxative side effect.' What kind of bedside manner is that?"

"I don't belong to the God is alive and hiding in Argentina club. But, I believe in the Devil, alright. You know why? Because the prick keeps doing commercials."
Heat
"You prefer the usual routine. We f*ck and you lose the power of speech."

"I'm angry. I'm very angry, Ralph. You know, you can ball my wife if she wants you to. You can lounge around here on her sofa, in her ex-husband's dead-tech, post-modernistic bullsh*t house, if you want to. But you do not get to watch my f*cking television set!"
The Day the Earth Stood Still
"I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason."
Minority Report
"Well, in my experience, parents often see their children as they want them to be, not as they are."

Technorati Tags:




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


Powered by ScribeFire.

16 comments:

  1. Its funny how the mind works, or doesn't. 
    After reading this enjoyable post, A Clockwork Orange popped into my head.

    Alex; <span> What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited. </span>

    I was so excited to see a X rated movie when I was 18, 2 weeks later they trimmed 30 seconds of boobs, left all the violence in and got down to R. What a Country! Very ugly movie, can't recommend it. Lots of good quotes though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Herb. Thank you, my friend, for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection again, my friend!

    STAR WARS:

    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo

    RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK:

    "It's not the years, honey; it's the mileage."

    MIDNIGHT RUN:

    Mosely: What should be of prime importance to you is that you're looking at ten years just for impersonating a federal agent!

    Jack: Ten years? How comes no one's after you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.  I hope this finds you doing well.  I've been on a blogging hiatus since the beginning of the year, so it's been quite some time since I've been around to visit some blogs.  I'm back from my break now.  I wanted to make sure to visit your blog.  I enjoyed checking out the latest posts on your blog.  Great job.  I'm back blogging now myself.  I hope you'll take a look at what I'm doing.  Thanks.  Take care.  Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that you, Keith? If so, great to have you back, my friend. I will be heading over. And, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. You included three of my all-time favorite films there, J.D. Thanks for adding this, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From The Big Easy, the lawyer Parmentel: "New Orleans is a marvelous environment for coincidence."I think Dave Robicheaux ad Clete Purcel would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost every word out of Doc Holliday's mouth is a great line in Tombstone - thanks for taking me back!

    The Princess Bride -
    Inigo - Who are you?
    Man in Black - No one of consequence.
    Inigo - I must know.
    Man in Black - Get used to disappointment.
    Inigo - Okay.

    Role Models -
    Why did you put presence in quotes? Are you implying that we aren't here?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great one, Naomi. Thanks for adding to this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great, Rachel. Thank you very kindly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maya M. (Apprentice Writer)May 18, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Are quotes from TV allowed?

    I was never a Sex and the City fan, especially not of Mr. Big, but he had my favorite line in the whole series:

    Carrie (mightily ticked off, yet again, about their relationship):  What do you want?

    Big (grinning): Why don't we save ourselves an hour and you tell me what I want?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a good one, alright. We're all about great dialogue here, no matter if it's on film, TV, or cable. Thanks for adding to this, Maya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More good 'uns there man - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there.  Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.  I really appreciate it.  I'm very excited to be back blogging.   Take care.  I hope the rest of your week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Colin.

    ReplyDelete