Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tales from the (Movie) Theater: Part 8a

Continuation of the series--see Intro, parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7:

It Is A Movie Theater

I guess when you come down to it, this involvement of working as a projectionist from 1976 - 1977 at the Warner Huntington Park Theater was a unique one. It simultaneously fed me concession stand food & drink (for years afterward, I couldn't stand to drink Pepsi), pocket money, and experiences that couldn't have come from anywhere else. Add to that, I screened a supply and range of movies, in a relatively short period of time, that I couldn't have dreamt to have seen, or let alone afford during that span.

The rest of the chapter has been updated and relocated to my current blog, found here.

Next up: more of It Is A Movie Theater (Part 8b)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]