Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tales from the (Movie) Theater: Part 2

Continuation of the series--see Intro, part 1:

The Owner

Getting past my brother's interview process and meeting the owner made for quite a contrast. At least with my brother, he was a known commodity -- familia -- for better or for worst. On the other hand the proprietor, Armand, he was an eye-opener. When introduced to him by my brother, one immediately felt like you were being sized up and grouped into one of two categories: those like him, and everybody else. Those who were like him were the self-made businessmen who started out with literally nothing and work/scraped whatever they achieved through their energy and ambition.

The rest of the chapter has been updated and relocated to my current blog, found here.

Next up: Projecting (Part 3)

1 comment:

  1. I've always suspected that the chain theaters recycle the popcorn as well, so I won't hold it against the indies.

    Looking forward to the next installment. And I also want to learn more about the influence of this experience on your brother.

    ReplyDelete