Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Ritchie for the Collection



Finally, Guy Ritchie has directed another good one worthy of holding on to. I finally took in Rocknrolla from my NetFlix cue. It is wonderful British crime entertainment, full of the usual underworld plot-twisting, vivid characters, and slow-motion/quick cut editing that are the trademarks of the newly ex-Mr. Madonna. While his films aren't in the league of hard classics like 1971's Get Carter, the director of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch is still the one I want to hear from for my London gangster fix. Likely, both his return to form and divorce from the Material Girl are valued equally here (likely correlated, too), and across the pond. Now, I can't wait for his next release later in the year: the Ritchie-directed Sherlock Holmes (with Robert Downey, Jr.).

5 comments:

  1. Ritchie rocks. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta see this one for sure. Snatch is one of my all time favorites.

    Truthfully, though, my mind boggles at Ritchie doing the Sherlock Holmes thing. I swing between "no way" and "yeah, WA-AA-AAY!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still on the lookout for an early trailer for Sherlock Holmes, but I did come across this site. Now, I'm even more psyched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like that poster. And after looking over the rest of that site, yeah, I'm looking forward to this movie. When's it due?

    ReplyDelete
  5. At one time, I think it was scheduled for November. Then, early-to-mid December. That poster is now stating Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete