Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Forgotten Song: Our Winter Love

You can ask my kids about this fact, but I have a soft spot for the old music instrumentals that were once more common on the radio and music charts back in the decades of my long gone youth. One of my long time favorites, from 1963, is the Bill Pursell performed Our Winter Love. It remains a hauntingly beautiful melody, IMO. Outside of the Percy Faith's version of Theme from A Summer Place, it is the one instrumental tune I most fondly associate with the 60's.

This post has been updated and moved to my current blog, which can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. I remember 'Theme from a Summer Place' very well, but 'Our Winter Love' is brand new to me. It's lovely, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. Those two instrumentals really take me back to that early time. Thanks, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your simple reflections from the heart are akin to my own.  Regardless of time and space, these are the sweet, nostalgic things that remind us of the best of our lives.  I can completely relate my friend.  I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your generous and kind comment, my friend.

    ReplyDelete