Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and Reboot Complete

Since today is Mother's Day, and being the fiercely loyal and appreciative family members that we are, we are dedicating this day and effort to her. I'm trying my damnedest to keep the kids in check today and prevent the words twitching and eye from entering into my wife's vocabulary. My daughter (which can be an exceptionally challenging relationship for any female parent) took the time to compose a special haiku for her mother:

A great cooker, soft
tacos, crazy foods salad
computer, and kind

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers. You certainly deserve this day in your honor (especially if you have put up with us ;-).

Yesterday, while I took my daughter to a birthday movie party for a classmate, my son and I went to see the new Star Trek movie. What's the verdict? This one is so good... they're going to make a ton of money with this one. Director J.J. Abrams has successfully rebooted this franchise. The studio seems to have correctly picked the right person to guide this in. The script intelligently plays it for those new to the venerable series while keeping familiar aspects of the characters and story-lines (and turning some against convention). They really did this exceptionally well. You want to see a great summer movie this season? Take this one in. But, don't take my recommendation alone:

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Now that Mother's Day is almost over, maybe I can catch some time to take in the film.

    And I enjoyed the haiku, too. Especially that last "and kind."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that last part has a nice duality to it. She's always surprising her father (mostly to the good).

    ReplyDelete