Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Hope I'm Quirky Enough

The generous Jen (Jen's Book Thoughts) has 'tagged' me in the quirky game. Fair enough, I'm quirky...er, game.

The Rules Are:

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

My quirks are:

One...I've never liked the feel of velvet--it has the like scratching your fingers on a chalkboard-like feel for me.

Two...I can snag anything. Meaning, I can walk by an object, and if it has a part that can be caught up (like a loop in a loose knit sweater), I'll accidentally catch it with something on my person...it's a gift, I know.

Three...when I sneeze, and my family can attest to this, it is in a group of three. My kids now know to wait for the third one to say 'bless you'.

Four...like Jen, I despise 'reality' TV programming (it's a senseless narcotic that keeps us unaware of the more important things).

Five...red would be my favorite color, but I never wear it (though, I'll quickly notice it on others, especially a woman wearing red lipstick).

Six...without effort, I can spot out-of-plumb wall fixtures or pictures wherever I go (and I fight with myself to not straighten them).

For this social network game, I'm suppose to tag six others. So, I'll pick what I think are six interesting bloggers, who just happen to list L.A. Requiem, a Crais favorite of mine, as one of theirs in their blogspots:
  1. Ryan at Worst Case Scenario
  2. Gay Degani at Words in Space
  3. Cory at The Drowning Machine
  4. Dave Stewart at Fabric of Verse
  5. D.S. Brown at Slings and Arrows
  6. Slade Wilson at Slade's Place
For those of them interested in playing, I look forward to their posts. If they opt for not, (hopefully) no harm done.

3 comments:

  1. We have lots of books in common. In my cd player right now is Michael Connelly's The Overlook. It's not one of my favorites, but it's okay.

    I'll try and do the quirky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Michael. Thanks for reading my blog. I'm putting you on my blog roll. Do you like Dennis Lehane? John Sandford? These are a couple of my favorites along with Crais and Connelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sneeze in threes, too. If for some reason I don't make it to three I'm uncomfortable...kind of like when you stop getting the hiccups...you just keep waiting for the next one to come! LOL

    ReplyDelete