But, the Edgars do offer a Best Motion Picture Screenplay category. I'll flit over to that, though:
- The Bank Job - one of my two favorite films from last year's crop. I'm glad to see it up for something. Based upon a true heist gone wrong, it had a wonderful cast, script and British tone that Hollywood ignores.
- Burn After Reading - on my Netflix list of upcoming rentals. The Coen Brothers have a wonderful sense of the absurd in their noir.
- In Bruges - the other favorite mine is this charmer with its startling black comedic tale of Irish gangsters meeting their Heaven/Hell in Belgium--glad to see it picking up another award nomination.
- Tell No One - another one in my queue that I'm very interested in viewing. The French film adaptation of the (very American) Harlan Corben's novel--you know some unoriginal studio exec will want to do an American version of this successful European movie (sheesh!).
- Transsiberian - when I first saw the trailer for this one, it didn't draw me (probably because I'm not a Woody Harrelson fan). Now, it's probably worth a rental just out of curiosity to see why they nominated it.