Maybe it's because of my age and that my formative years
included watching this movie series from a young age. Or,
maybe that's it just plain escapist fun to go into a large
movie theater and get blasted by story and special effects
and forget about the world for two hours.
Either way, I'm so there this weekend--but being the
Madagascar 2, as well (out of sheer guilt). So, if you've
enjoyed 007, try answering these questions:
- which was the first Bond film you ever saw?
- was it in a movie theater or in the comfort of your own home?
- who were you with?
- have you seen them all?
- which of these is your all-time favorite?
- your least favorite?
- which of the actors portraying Bond is your favorite?
- which of them is your least favorite?
- which is your favorite Bond girl?
- and your least favorite?
Here are my answers:
- theater, in 1964
- my mother's younger brother took this 10-year-old with him on its first run
- Goldfinger, but From Russia with Love is a close second ;-)
- View to a Kill (Roger Moore too old at that point, story that dated too quickly, bad Bond girl (see below), bad henchwoman)
- Sean Connery, no surprise, right? (but I do find Daniel Craig's portrayal intriguing)
- George Lazenby (and it frustrates me no end that he was in the best story of the series, and with the best Bond girl)
- Diana Rigg (pure class--though I have a special place in my heart for Honor Blackman [who has the best name in the entire series ;-)]
- tie between Tanya Roberts and Lois Chiles