Monday, January 10, 2011

The L.A. Requiem Book Discussion

A few months back, and one of my best blog post picks from last year, Jeff over at Stuff Running 'Round My Head wrote a more than fine examination of one of my favorite books: The Use of Flashbacks in "L.A. Requiem". And it got a bunch of us Craisies wanting to re-read the novel and re-examine it since many of us consider it the watershed moment in the Elvis Cole and Joe Pike series of books. The chief Craisie amongst us, and our dear friend, Elyse (otherwise known as Pop Culture Nerd) came up with a fantastic idea of...
"... an online discussion about it so we can share our thoughts with old and new fans alike."
That event occurred this past weekend. And since Robert Crais is launching another book in the series tomorrow, The Sentry, she expertly summarized the discussion and posted it today as the appropriate tie-in. Of course, I highly recommend it (and the new book):


My sincere thanks to both Jeff and Elyse for this.

6 comments:

  1. As you said to me earlier, it was a blast!  The only "negative" is that now I want to preempt another book in my TBR queue and dive right into THE LAST DETECTIVE then that'll lead to THE FORGOTTEN MAN, etc,etc.  Well, I'd break for THE SENTRY of course, but right back into rereading the series.  ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my thanks to you for getting this off the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Christine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was you, Michael, who alerted me to Jeff's post and getting the whole thing started. I really enjoyed the discussion and am so glad you were part of it. I'm already looking forward to the next one. Kudos to Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you both. Thanks, Elyse.

    ReplyDelete