Saturday, June 12, 2010

Worth Reading June 2010

Some posts from those definitely worth reading (at least for me on this gloomy June day):
  • Jeff over at Stuff Running 'Round My Head has a wonderful take and look back at the criminally short-lived Firefly series by Josh Whedon - Space Cowboys
  • Author John Kenneth Muir has another of his fine Cult Movie Reviews, this time examining Martin Scorsese's adaptation of the Denis Lehane's mystery thriller novel, Shutter Island
  • Movie blogger J.D. at RADIATOR HEAVEN (love that title) flashes back to the 60's with his marvelous review of Oliver Stone's The Doors
  • I always appreciate blogger/reviewer Livius film examinations, especially when he turns his keen eye at a western. In this case, Howard Hawk's middle version of a story he told three times in his career, El Dorado
  • Rachel, the Scientist Gone Wordy, has a very interesting opinion in regard to books and genres in The Business of Genres, or Thoughts on Indicating OTHER
  • Expiration Date author, Duane Swierczynski, has news about his new writing gig (hint, she was played by Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2)
  • author Steven Hart highlighted a funny skit (if it just wasn't so accurately tragic, or tragically accurate) for us in Spill, Baby, Spill
Oh, well. I need to sign off now...



Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the call out there. I'm going to be taking a break from blogging for a bit - a frighteningly hectic work schedule has just hit me and after I plough my way through that I intend to take a good long holiday. However, I will definitely be back blogging regularly, could be September though.

    Love the Porky Pig clip BTW :-D

    Best,
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about the need of blogging breaks, my friend. I look forward to your return to b'sphere, though. Thanks, Colin.

    ReplyDelete