Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Honor to Scribble

You know, I'm usually dumbfounded when I win things. Be it compliments, gifts or awards, they're not what I expect... but I am grateful for such things and to those who bestow them. Such is the case with blogger J.D. and his more than fine movie blog, RADIATOR HEAVEN. His site is one I had been lurking on for some time (and only recently interacting with). That, and because he covers a wonderful array of film in a marvelous manner and enlightening detail (plus, he adds some tremendous comments of his own to the blogs he visits). J.D. very kindly conferred on me the Superior Scribbler Award. And since I'm curious by nature, I looked into the award, which has an interesting history in the year it has been out there circulating through the intertubes (click on the award link to check it out).
So, onto the rules of The Award:
  • Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
With that covered, I'll move on and share/bestow this award with the following:
  1. Dennis over at Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule - while I've conversed online with this movie blogger, and since he's local, I look forward to the day we meet at the New Beverly Cinema and discuss the merits of The Howling vs. An American Werewolf in London ;-)
  2. Elyse over at Obsessions of a Pop Culture Nerd - she of the frighteningly smart nieces (and their spotless punctuation and grammar... really, I'm not bitter) and her fun as hell content covering books, authors, film, directors, and what not; she also happens to look stunning in red (and not all can pull that off, IMO)
  3. Lesa from Lesa's Book Critiques - not only does she read and review some of the most interesting books out there, she's a librarian (and they are, as a whole, some of the nicest, smartest and best read people on earth); and my thanks for the book recommendation for my teen's recent birthday, Lesa (he loved it)
  4. Nordette over at Who's Shoes Are These Anyway - this blogger/writer/future novelist always challenges her readers with the topics she covers (life, politics, injustice, music, parenting, breaking events, etc.), and she does it all with a manner and clarity I wish I had; plus she lives in the city with the best jazz out there
  5. Livius over at Riding The High Country - this is another of the movie bloggers I discovered this year and now follow because of his writing, reviews, and depth of knowledge (plus the depth of his movie archive); that, and his admiration of the western make visits there well worthwhile
It goes to show that there are plenty of good things and people out there on that darn thingamacallit intertube thingy. Thank you, J.D.

p.s., where are my manners? Congrats to you, J.D., upon receiving this very same award. Well earned and well done.

Powered by ScribeFire.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a well-deserved award. I've read three of the blogs you've honored in turn and, boy, do you have good taste. 'Scuse me, gotta go check out the two I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Corey. The award and your kind words takes a bit of the sting out of last night's bottom of the ninth loss to PHILLY(!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award,
    le0pard13! And, thank you so much for sharing it. Even more important, for me, is that your nephew liked the book! Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, that was your son who turned 14. Even happier he liked the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lesa, and you're welcome. You bring the enjoyment of books and reading with your blog and it deserves recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats indeed, cousin!

    As I said before, you write almost all that could be said about everything you happen to come upon -and decide to write of-.

    I just hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, primo. That is very kind of you to say, and I appreciate it. Take care, Poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the kind words, my friend. You certainly deserve this award. It's amazing the network of bloggers that has developed over such a short period of time. It never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're definitely a superior scribbler. Congrats on this award!

    And thank you for bestowing it on me! If I'd known using child labor would get me an award, I would have put my nieces to work writing articles sooner.

    All joking aside, I'm honored you feel this way about my blog. I don't know how "superior" I am but it thrills me to hear you find it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very honoured that you chose my blog for an award, and a little humbled too.
    Thank you very much for your kindness and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PCN, Livius: I'm very glad to put you two up for this award. Both of you produce such marvelous content, and it should be recognized.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Le0pard13:

    Congratulations on this award, my friend! Well-done!

    best,
    John Kenneth Muir

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, JKM. And congrats to you for yours. Your work is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete